Wednesday, April 11, 2012

What Can You Create with 7 Fat Quarters of Fabric?

How about this table topper? Easy to make and easy to quilt.

Here's what I used:
• For the pieced top - 7 fat quarters of fabric from Carol Van Zandt's - Tokyo Rococo Collection for Andover Fabrics.
• For the backing - 3/4 yd of any neutral or scrap fabric.
• My Stripy Stripey Downloadable Quilt Pattern. (followed loosely and improvised from the actual pattern instructions- I only covered half the square with wonky strips and no binding)
• Pellon 987F Fusible Fleece
• Superior Threads Quilting & Embrodiery Thread Color # 728 40 wt. for the quilting. (basic white thread for the piecing)
• About a day to put it all together.

Photo ©Jamie Kalvestran

Photo ©Jamie Kalvestran

Photo ©Jamie Kalvestran

Photo ©Jamie Kalvestran Don't look too closely I am just learning 'free motion' quilting. Historically I've been a hand quilter.


"Love what you create! Let my patterns be the canvas for your creativity." Jamie Kalvestran

Pin It

1 comment:

Whosies said...

i love it! carols fabric is wonderful too--

Blog Widget by LinkWithin