Tuesday, February 23, 2010

One Womans Quilt Collection - Antique to Vintage to Contemporary

. . . while staying at the Woodland Cottage last week my friend Linda and I were treated to a private showing of Winnie Johnson's quilt collection. Winnie had just finished serving our breakfast (Yes, breakfast is included with your stay) And because I was carrying my handy dandy iphone (and with Winnie's permission) I can now share it with you. (Both the breakfast and the quilt show!!!) All of the quilts shown were made by Winnie or her mother or grandmothers. They each have a story and an identification patch on the back. This was a wonderful treat! Thanks so much Winnie.
























7 comments:

WoolenSails said...

What a wonderful quilt show, such beautiful and loved pieces.

Debbie

Sherri said...

These are so wonderful...thanks so much for sharing!

Linda Thiltgen said...

What a great few days. I had a ball and loved meeting Winnie and seeing the quilts. I'll take a creative retreat with you anytime! Have a creative day my friend.

maeve said...

Thanks for sharing all these beautiful quilts! So colorful and inspiring! I will be looking at this post again just for the beauty of it all.

bingo~bonnie said...

wow what beautiful quilts Winny has!!! I especially love the Lone Star one... and the one that was quilted with lots of circles.

Sounds like you all had a great time! :) Thanks for sharing photos here with us!

Love from Texas! ~bonnie

Lynn Fisher said...

The quilts are FANTASTIC...what a show...and breakfast to boot! I have to book an "advance" at this place soon...where are they?

Annie said...

What a lovely collection of antique to modern quilts. Thoroughly enjoyed the show!